Monday, April 2, 2007

Question 3

Who are the main characters in the novel? Do you like them? Why or why not? What is special about them? What do they reveal about the universal human experience?

Ralph is the protaganist in the story, and he represents the good in Golding's theme. The main antagonist is Jack, who represents the evil in Golding's theme. I like Ralph alot. Because he shows bravery. He shows courage, and true goodness. He stays by himself as he watches his closes friends get consumed by the evil, to be savage and kill for their own glory. He persists against this will, as he watches Jack, whom he cares for, get consumed by evil and hunt himself down. I do not like the other boys who simply leave Ralph to leave for the evil. I also dislike SImon, as he is too indecisive, and simply does not help the others who are in need. I like Piggy because he stays by Ralph's side. Ralph is so special; he maintains the will to have logic and humanitism. He wants to be rescued back to civilization, to go back to how he was raised. He does not give into the evilness of "power". He reminds me of me, to feel sorry for those you hate, and always be a helper. This is just like universal human experience, because i believe there are just too many people in this world who are self-centered. Who just want their own goodness, and want power. I am like Ralph in that true power is the power to help those around you, and look into the way life REALLY is, be logical, and follow your heart.

No comments: